Cross River State Governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, on Tuesday, said his administration had done well in the last 100 days.
Ayade said this in a television broadcast to mark his 100 days in office.
He said he had laid a solid foundation on which he intended to build the state.
He said, “Our administration has since abolished taxes for our low income earners while also making housing a right for every citizen of the state on our social housing programme and lifting a 23-year embargo on employment.”
The governor said the road had been rough, especially with the little resources at its disposal, but assured the people of the state that his administration was on course to achieving greatness.
Ayade said, “When I took the oath of office on that sweltering afternoon, I accepted the call of history to lead Cross River State to prosperity. I swore to hew a rocky pathway to greatness and bring our people to a point where they can live out their manifest destiny; where their God-given talents would find their greatest expressions.
“My fellow people of Cross River, I am proud to announce to you today, that my team and I have crystallised our signature projects; the 240-kilometre super highway and the deep seaport construction work have since begun.
“If you feel the same energy that I feel, if you feel the same urgency that I feel, if you feel the same passion that I feel and that I know you do, then fear not because we shall overcome. Cross River will soon become the benchmark for excellence among the comity of states in the world.”

0 comments :
Post a Comment