MUSINGS OF A LAWYER IN POLITICS II.
THE QUEST FOR EXCELLENCE CANNOT EXCUSE EXCLUSION, YOUR EXCELLENCY.
I sedated myself to sleep before 10pm last night because of the barrage of calls and talk schedule that my friends in the media attempted to impose on me to defend what appears a regional slant in appointments hitherto made by Mr President.
The social media is awash with the repudiation of this slant. My party the APC according to the Papers is angry. I'm bothered because so soon in the day the debate is shifting away from Job Creation, Anti-corruption and National Security to issues bothering on Federal Character, the quest for excellence and the demands for national spread.
I'm a Buharist, I seek to be appointed into the Government as Director General National Orientation Agency or perhaps as Minister of Information & National Orientation BUT I must tell the truth to power. I think that until the Constitution is amended it is corruption to undermined the Federal Character normative.
That President Jonathan or any previous regime erred in that should not excuse same. Don't get it twisted I'm totally opposed to sacrificing excellence on the altar of federal character or national spread. But every zone/region of Nigeria is replete with men of expertise, of honour and of integrity, so I disagree with those who attempt to hinge exclusion at the post of excellence.
I also think that the electoral choice of the South East and the South South should not excuse the fact that of 38 appointments made so far none is from the South East, three from the South South and four from the South West.
Mr President as the father of the nation should find the BEST HANDS of all his Children from different mothers such is justice, fairness and LOVE, and such the path to walk.
God Bless Nigeria.
TO BE CONTD.
Prof. Chris Nwaokobia Jnr.
DG CHANGE AMBASSADORS OF NIGERIA CAN.

0 comments :
Post a Comment